I didn't use to journal much. It's not like I didn't want to. In fact, I've always liked the idea, I think. But for the longest time (meaning up until, like two months ago), I only kept a journal sporadically and only wrote when I would die if I didn't. (Strangely, I very often now feel like I'll die if I don't write.)
|It ain't gotta be fancy. I use a plain ol' spiral noteook!|
This "new" journal I began again in, was actually an old, unused journal I still had from years ago, that I had written verses in at the top of each page (except for the last few), which is just perfect!
|If you're wondering why it's blurry, it's because no, you may not read my journal. Ha!|
Wewere at a friend's (multiple friends, actually) house last weekend, and amidst
|I wrote this list for Jennie's Creative Play Challenge, week two.|
You Need to Journal If...
- You feel guilt when you write suuuper long letters to friends because you're afraid of boring them, but you need to write it all down.
- You have big dreams.
- You have words practically pooping out of your brain and YOU JUST NEED TO LET THEM OUT.
- You're an emotional teenage girl.
- You're an emotional human being.
- You have a disorganized brain.
- You feel like no one else understands you (this would also be a fantastic time to talk to God + read the Psalms).
- You want to practice your handwriting doing something productive.
- You want to be able to write and not care how your handwriting looks.
- You have lots of secret thoughts and must tell someone, but there's no one you want to tell.
- You have secret evil plans to take over the world.
- You are super duper annoyed about someone/something, but you don't want to gossip to others.
- You've pledged to keep a secret, but you HAVE to tell someone. RIGHT NOOOW. (And who better to tell than yourself?)
- You want your life story recorded for future generations.
- You want to be remembered in history and have your journal put in some cool museum for people all around the world to see. After you die. Duh.
- You want to record your thoughts, dreams, wonderments, wanderments, and joys, throughout the years to look back on later.
- You want to remember the small things, as well as the big.
- You want to come back later and see how your handwriting has evolved.
- You want to come back later and see how your thought process has evolved.
- You want to remember the good times, and the bad, and learn from them.
- You have any life problems, at all.
- You need to sort your thoughts.
- You discovered something amazing that will impact the rest of history.
- You're stressed about life.
- You want to talk to yourself, but you know it's more socially acceptable to journal. (Who cares? I do both!) (They're basically the same anywho!)
- You want to talk to yourself, but you're in a situation where if any sound issues forth from your mouth, you instantly die.
- You need a productive way to procrastinate on school.
- You need a productive way to procrastinate on life.
- You're an introvert and people stress you out.
- You're an extrovert and people stress you out (does that happen? I wouldn't know.)
- You have a speaking disorder but love to talk. A lot. (AKA, you mumble and mix up words a lot so it's very hard to talk, and you find it easier to just write it all down.) (AKA, me.)
P.S. Should I do more posts on journal-y stuffs? I like the idea...