Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bulletins: Introduction

I'm starting a new series on using church bulletins on your cards!  That sounds a little strange, doesn't it?  Out of the ordinary, perhaps?  I don't mean I'm just going to use the bulletins as they are.  How boring that would be!  (Okay, I'm sure you could make it interesting.  I, of all people, should believe that.)  But what I'm going to do is use all those bulletins that I doodled on in church.  I have so many that I don't want to throw away because the doodles are so pretty.  What better way to use them than on cards?  (I'm sure there are many creative ways to use them, but my specialty happens to be card-making.)  And that is exactly what I intend to do!  I have sooo many doodled-on bulletins, so this series may never end!  Some of them, most in fact, are doodled by me, but there are a few that I've kept that have been done by others.

I will primarily be using Shiloh OPC bulletins, since that's where I go to church, but sometimes there might be other church bulletins, or random papers that aren't even bulletins at all!  That would only happen because we were at some event where I received a brochure which got doodled on.  I can cheat, right?

As I started to write this just now, I realized that maybe I'm not suppose to have multiple series going on at one time.  I don't think my favorite craft blog ever has more than one series going on at once.  Hmm.  Well, blogging is all about figuring out what works best for you, isn't it?  (More or less...)

Below is [most of] my bulletin collection.  I really only needed one picture, but, you know, why not add more?
Hope this series will give you some inspiration or ideas of how to use those pretty doodles you don't want to throw away!  Or maybe it will just give you more creativity in your doodling.  Either one works, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please do comment! The more the merrier! I try to reply to every one. Please remember to be respectful, kind, lovable, and huggable!