Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Dearest Mother/You Are Wonderful

     I don't know about y'all, but I love typography!  I made these two, along with Out of an Abundance of Tissue Paper Flowers, Friend, and Thank You Squares for my mom's birthday.  Since there aren't many instructions for these, I decided to put them both in one post.
I made up my own wacky font.  Yes I know, Not really "my own," more like taking ideas from various fonts I've seen.  I used the gray, then drew lines on the inside with navy blue.
As you can see, there are green lines that look very similar to what I drew on the
Out of an Abundance of Tissue Paper Flowers card.  That is because I originally drew the lines for that on this very card, but it turned out the strip on the right was too thin, so I redid it.  For the center of the flower, I used a brad/eyelet/grommet.  I don't know what they're called!  But it's one of those things that are used to close the cardboard at the top of a package...did that make any sense?


This is a very simple card.  I got the font at the bottom from Cardmaker's Hand-Lettering Workbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please do comment! The more the merrier! I try to reply to every one. Please remember to be respectful, kind, lovable, and huggable!