Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Thank You Squares

My first tutorial!  (As I believe they're called.)  Today, we are going to make a Thank You card!

Let's start with an 11 inch by 4 1/4 inch piece of paper, folded in half.  When folded, it will measure 5 1/2 inches by 4 1/4 inches.  All of my cards will be this size, unless otherwise noted.  This is what you'll need to do.


Cut out five one inch squares.
Tissue Paper!  You'll need five different colors.
...Cut into strips.
Crumple up the tissue paper so that it looks something like this.
...And staple it to one of the squares.  It doesn't matter if the staple doesn't cover the whole width of the tissue paper.
Do that with all five.
Scribble down the left edge of the card.  Vertically.

Glue dots are quite fun to use!

Stamp, or hand write, as I have done here, the desired sentiment.

Round those corners!  I actually regret rounding the corner in this picture.  If I did it over again, I would only do the bottom right corner.

Since I don't own colored rhinestones, I just use my sharpies to color them.  I've found that sharpies work the best, rather than other types of markers.  When finished, adhere them to the card!  I used liquid glue (Elmer's is the best), but mini glue dots might work as well.


Another thing I would have done differently is have the fold on the left side, instead of the top.  Oh well, I can learn from my mistakes!

1 comment:

I love comments, so please do comment! The more the merrier! I try to reply to every one. Please remember to be respectful, kind, lovable, and huggable!