Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Out of an Abundance of Tissue Paper Flowers...

I've made many cards with the flowers from my last post, just because I cut out a lot of tissue paper, and they're super fun and easy to make!  So here is another with that type of flower.  Enjoy!
The sharpies used for this card.
Cut out a 4 inch by 3 3/4 inch piece of scrap paper.  It doesn't have to be cardstock, but that works better to trace around, then round the corners.
Hold it horizontally, and chop off an inch from the right side.  Do not throw away the small piece, you'll trace around both pieces.
Make sure they are centered and evenly spaced from the edges, and trace with the green sharpie.
I'm not quite sure why, but arrows seem to be a trendy thing with card makers these days, so I decided to get in on the fun!  I drew the downward ones first, then the upward ones, then colored them all in.
After all that, I thought the green around the edges didn't look dark enough, so I just outlined it once more, free handed - not tracing the scrap paper.
Oh, how I love washi tape!  And, OH, HOW I LOVE CHEVRON!  Put them together, and it's got to be the best thing ever!
Lay down the washi tape, and cut it off at the bottom edge.
Cut out a 1 inch and 7/8 inch by 1 inch and 3/16 inch piece of white cardstock.  You don't actually have to use those measurements, just whatever looks best.  The only reason I used those measurements is because I had a small scrap that was a good size, and I wanted to use as much of it as possible.  Cut out a triangular section from one of the short sides.  As you can see, there's a little notch in this piece, so I made sure to cut out the "V" on the other end, so it won't show when I put the flower on top.  Then outline it with the light orange sharpie, just as we did in Thank You Squares.
Hand write/stamp a sentiment.  My favorite types of cards to make are Thank You, so that's what I did!
Put a little glue one the edge of the tag-shaped paper piece,
...And position it...um...there.
Stick the flower on!  It should already have a glue dot on the back.
I love buttons!  I discovered that (if it is big enough), you can stick the button right on the glue dot thingy, and it's so much easier to take off!
This is what it looks like with the glue dot on the underside.
Position it in the middle.
Note:  I use glue dots for a lot of things, but they are not essential.  Regular liquid glue would work also, but not as well for most hard things, such as buttons.  Glue dots are just so fun though!  They additionally come in mini sizes.

2 comments:

I love comments, so please do comment! The more the merrier! I try to reply to every one. Please remember to be respectful, kind, lovable, and huggable!