Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Fringe Tree

     My first Christmas-y post, and it's two days before Christmas!  Well sorry, but I guess you'll just have to wait until next year if you want to use this one.
Long strips of green paper, roughly 3/4 of an inch wide.
I don't have exact measurements for how long each piece should be, so basically decide how long you want the bottom one, then make each a little shorter than the last until you get one short enough to be the topper.
You may be wondering what that wacky looking thing is.  Those are my fringe scissors, thus the title, "Fringe Tree."  Use them as far down the piece as possible without cutting off any part.  The most cuts you'll be able to get in one one piece is two, but trust me, it still save time.  For the parts you can't get with the fancy scissors, you'll have to use regular scissors.
Please, don't cut up your hymnal!  I used the same technique here as I used in Polk-dot Happy Birthday with the flower.   This piece of paper is cut to 5 by 3 3/4 inches.  I then rounded only the top left and bottom right corners, then outlined it with red.
With eyelet setting tool, punch two holes at an angle in the top left corner of paper.
Wire rimmed red shimmery ribbon.
Tie the ribbon in a nice knot, and trim the edges.  You need not double tie it because the wire will keep it tight, plus there will be glue underneath.
It looks like this picture was randomly stuck here, but this is actually the order in which I did it.  The picture is to show how much glue to put on, and where.  It's a good idea to run it down the edges also.  Start at the bottom, with the biggest piece, obviously, sticking each one about 1/2 inch above the other.
Rhinestones colored with red sharpie.  Of course you can always just get already red rhinestones.  Place them as shown in the picture below.
I think I did the tree a bit too low down.
These are super easy.  I made three more after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please do comment! The more the merrier! I try to reply to every one. Please remember to be respectful, kind, lovable, and huggable!