Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Using Scraps: Introduction

Sooooo, I've been talking about doing this series on using scraps, and now here I am following through on that!  (Finally!)

Before I started thinking about using my scraps, I barely ever used them, and they were piling up around my desk everywhere.  Okay, I'll be honest, they still are, but not quite as much.  I still have two full bags of scraps, one of which is so full I can barely stick my hand in to get something out.   I hate to admit it, but I am a hoarder of scraps.  Ha, like you couldn't tell by now.

I was inspired to start using up my scraps when I started reading this awesome blog, more specifically these Use What You Have posts.  The name says it all, right?  They talk about how you don't have to buy anything from the store to be creative!  I love that, and it's helped me to think about how I can use all the supplies I have laying around.  Pretty helpful.  Below is a picture of my two overflowing bags of scraps.  I cherish my pride too much to show a picture of my desk though.


The one in front is not quite so full now, thankfully.  I'm not doing any tutorials on this post, but I am showing y'all some cards I've made using mostly or only scraps.  The cards themselves don't count.

In later posts in this series, I'll hopefully be sharing some simple tutorials on using scraps for cards!





Hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please do comment! The more the merrier! I try to reply to every one. Please remember to be respectful, kind, lovable, and huggable!